We love this Starbucks green ice tea recipe, and love the health benefits it offers as well. Honestly, I never liked green tea till I tried the one from Starbucks. Our family enjoyed drinking this tea so much, and couldn’t afford to get it from Starbucks all the time, so I wanted to find a way to make it from home, and to sweeten it with a natural sweetener.
How To Make Starbucks Green Ice Tea Recipe
You can easily make the same iced tea as Starbucks and save lots of money! What you will need: (Only 3 ingredients)
- 5 Tazo “Zen” Green tea bags. This tea has lemongrass and a touch of spearmint, I believe that is what makes this tea taste so good! This is the exact tea as Starbucks uses, but they sell theirs in expensive tins. You can find this boxed tea at your local grocery store for less.
- 2-3 Tbsp of raw honey or 1/4 cup raw sugar of your choice, if you want your tea sweet.
Directions For Starbucks Green Ice Tea Recipe
- Fill a 2 quart pan 3/4 full with water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Remove pan from heat, and add 5 tea bags. I keep the tags on and hold them in my hand, then I stir them and “dunk” them in the water. If you are adding any granulated sugar you will need to stir it in now, so it can dissolve.
- Let tea bags steep in water for about an hour, or till cooled down to a luke warm temperature.
- Once the tea steeps remove the tea bags and pour the strong tea mixture into a 2 quart pitcher.
- Fill the pitcher the rest of the way with cold water and stir.
- Stir in honey or sugar if desired.
- Refrigerate until cold.
Viola! You’re own Starbucks green ice tea recipe.
You may also like Cold Brew Coffee Recipe