I love thinking outside of the box when it comes to fun creative storage ideas. With Spring approaching, I am tackling organizing projects, and enjoy finding things at thrift stores and even just around my house, that I can remake for a different purpose then its first intended use.
I’ve rounded up 21 fun creative storage ideas to inspire you (and me) to use fun and unusual items to help us get organized!
21 Fun Creative Storage Solutions
- How about using a vintage metal cake plate and metal mesh in a frame for jewelry storage?
2. I love this old wooden post with vintage doorknobs attached, for another jewelry storage solution.
3. Want something simpler? You could use a paper towel holder attached to the wall for necklaces and bracelets.
4. These metal cabinet handles make interesting storage for ties and scarves when mounted on the wall. Any style of handles would work for this project.
5. Now this is one of my favorite fun creative storage idea! An antique coat rack placed in a bathroom for towel and robe hooks is a perfect example of using an item for something other than it’s obvious intended purpose.
6. Do you have some mini baking loaf pans? They make a great storage vessel for makeup and toiletries in the bathroom!
7. Have you ever considered using a wicker silverware tray? Here is one used for storing keys, cellphones, wallets, and sunglasses. This would be great right by the door as you come in and out of the house.
8. Or take a silverware tray and hang it on the wall for by-the-door drop off.
9. Need a solution for your electronics? This old toolbox is a fun way to create a docking station for cellphones and iPods.
10. It’s sometimes great to keep storage hidden but convenient. This art paper under a table is a perfect example of making something handy for the kids to grab, but also kept neat and tidy. Find a dowel paper towel holder for any roll of paper, even wrapping paper!
11. Hanging shoe storage bags are great for multiple items. Here it is perfect for kitchen items. The ideas are endless that could be stored this way from craft supplies, to underwear and socks.
12. A plastic cereal dispenser makes the perfect car trash bin!
13. Find an old step ladder, add some vintage grates for shelves and make a charming flea market style display for your home.
14. An old wooden hanger makes the perfect display item for multiple items. Here it is used for magazines, and newspapers. It also would work well for displaying tablecloths and linens and even vintage aprons.
15. An ensemble of old wooden crates make fun creative storage ideas no matter what you want to fill them with. These are a great way to display vintage collections, books, toys, old cameras, or pretty much anything you like.
16. If you need a shoe and boot solution in your mudroom, how about using baking cooling racks for letting the water and dirt filter through?
17. Or if you want something more colorful, you can use pebbles in a tray for shoe storage in your entryway.
18. Cover a metal tool box in contact pager for the perfect stationary holder on your desktop.
19. Want another creative storage idea for your desk? Why not use a dish drainer for file folders?
20. Milk glass ashtrays can be recycled as fun creative storage ideas for organizing small items in a drawer.
21. Or do you have milk glass vases? They are perfect for gathering up pencils, pens and office supplies and bring perfect vintage appeal.
I hope you enjoyed these 21 fun creative storage ideas, and are inspired to see what you have around the h0use to use in unexpected ways.
All photos on this page courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens