I am thrilled to “meet” you, even if only across the pages of this blog. I am honored that you stopped by, and hope you will feel at home. This blog is a reflection of my own desire to create a home that nourishes my family’s souls and feeds their spirits with love. I am a wife and mom of three boys.
Together with my family, we reside in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, where we intentionally live a simple lifestyle. We homeschool our twin boys which fills most of our daily time with delight directed learning. Our oldest son (pictured below left) graduated from homeschooling and is now headed to Australia in January 2014 to attend Hillsong Leadership College for two years.
We have the blessing of living on 10 quiet acres in a 110 year old farmhouse you see pictured above, which is always an on-going remodeling project but brings us a lot of enjoyment as well.
I am the first to admit that I am not perfect and neither is my home. I get messy drawers just like everyone else, and dislike cleaning bathrooms in a house of boys! I am definitely a product of God’s grace and my life has been redeemed in more ways than one. I don’t have it all together, but I love to serve the Lord, who is the only reason I even exist.
I love to create anything with my hands, whether it be through writing words of encouragement or decorating and nesting within my home. Whether I am painting a piece of furniture, cooking up a new recipe or crafting with my kids, I am in my element when creating something handmade. You will see all of what I do at home reflected here on the blog.
I started writing online back in 2007 when my twins were babies. I was praying and searching for a way to make money from home, and began learning how to build websites for income. My first website was a cottage style decorating site, which proved to be a blessing to supplement our family’s income. Now I blog here at Denise In Bloom full time and just recently put out my first ebook, Autumn Bliss. The first in a seasonal series to be published in 2014.
What will you find here at Little House on the Valley?
This is a lifestyle blog with a lot of variety. Here is just a sampling of what you will find…
- Yummy Nutritious Recipes
- Decorating and DIY Tips
- Faith Inspiration
- Natural Living Tips
- Essential Oil Uses
Other Places I Write:
Columnist for Hobby Farm Home Magazine
First published issue will be March/April 2014. You can find my Room For Improvement column in this farm style bi-monthly publication.
Monthly Contributor for The Better Mom
Some of my past contributing articles:
The Better Mom
- 10 Fun Snowman Winter Activities and Treats
- Giving Up Perfect Plans to Find Peace on Earth
- 12 Easy Ideas For A Handmade Thanksgiving
- Finding Fresh Perspective
- Are We Serving Our Family Leftovers?
- The Best Educator For Your Kids
- How To Encourage Your Teens In Bible Reading
- Decorating Your Kid’s Rooms On A Dime
- Combat Chaos and Create Calm In Your Home
- Fresh Simple Ways To Decorate For Winter
- Easy Christmas Decorating Ideas Anyone Can Achieve
- Easy Ways To Decorate For Fall
Pennies and Blessings
- Ten Back To Fall Decorating Ideas
- Decorating For Fall With Natural Elements: 8 Easy Ways
- 10 Savvy Garage Sale Shopping Tips
- Simple Solutions For Room Decorating Dilemmas
- Easy Spring Decorating Ideas
Allume Conference Blog
Thank you for stopping!