With warm weather days ahead, it’s the perfect time to create refreshing citrus bath salts. There is nothing like soaking in a tub to soothe dry skin and refresh us after working out in the garden and heat. I mixed up this bath salt recipe for my mom for Mother’s Day, but also made some for me! I can’t wait to try it out. Just like the lavender sugar scrub I showed you yesterday, this recipe is so quick and easy, not to mention a nice homemade gift for any occasion!
Ingredients For Citrus Bath Salts
- 2 Cups Epsom Salts
- 1 Cup Baking Soda
- Fresh Grated Zest from 1 Orange or Lemon
- 20 drops of essential oil. Use Lemon, Orange, or Citrus Bliss essential oil. I combined lemon and citrus bliss for this recipe. You can do whatever you prefer.
- Glass bowl, metal spoon, and large bath salt jar (available at Walmart for $2.97) or use any clear glass jar you like.
How To Make Citrus Bath Salts
- Combine Epsom Salts and Baking Soda into a glass bowl.
- Grate zest of orange or lemon and add to bowl.
- Stir all of the above ingredients together.
- Slowly add in about 20 drops of essential oil and stir, until well incorporated. I used lemon and Citrus Bliss which is an exclusive scent to doTERRA. (It smells a lot like a Creamsicle.) You could combine lime and lemon, or orange and lemon. Even grapefruit would be wonderful….you decide!
- Spoon the citrus bath salts into a clean empty jar and seal.
- Let your bath salts sit for a day or two to get infused with the scent of the oil.
- If giving as a gift, embellish with a ribbon, tag or whatever you like.
Total time for this project : 15 minutes
Do you like to make homemade bath and spa recipes? Have fun making this easy refreshing recipe for citrus bath salts for yourself or a friend who needs some perking up!