Learning The Language of Color
Did you know?
- Colors have the ability to make us feel or act a certain way, yes there is actually a “language of color”.
- Colors can make us feel happy and cheerful, or warm and cozy.
- Colors even have the ability to make us feel anxious and excited.
- Even at a young age we begin to have color preferences, and choose our favorites.
- We associate colors with certain memories or feelings. And, maybe a color reminds us of a special loved one, a favorite food, or a special flower.
**Click on each of the colors below and find out more about each one of these unique color palettes. Enjoy exploring them all!
Warm Color Schemes
These shades create warmth and coziness to a room. They are great to compliment with cool colors. If living in a cool climate these decorating colors will actually make you feel warmer.
Cool Color Schemes
This palette is wonderful for creating a refreshing and soothing environment. These shades pair well with warm colors. If you live in a warm climate these colors will help you feel cooler.
Neutral Color Schemes
These shades are used to bring balance to other colors. They help brighter colors to stand out and move into center stage.
I hope that after exploring the meaning of colors, and all the ways you can infuse color into your home, that you will enjoy the process. Take the time to find what you love most, and fill your rooms with the colors the “speak” to your heart and make you feel at home.